SCUSD Covid-19 Vaccination & Testing Requirements
Automatic weekly testing continues every Wednesday for unvaccinated students.
New deadline for age 12+ vaccine or exemption submission, Feb 28, links below
Protocols for students with Covid-19 exposure
New Covid-19 helpline number
Free Covid-19 tests can be ordered and shipped to you, link below
If you buy tests keep your receipts to submit to insurance for reimbursement
1. All SCUSD students aged 12 or older (and staff) not yet vaccinated (first or second dose), students aged 5-11, and students and staff with exemptions, accommodations or conditional admissions, will be tested every Wednesday right on campus. In addition to Wednesdays, you can request that your vaccinated and unvaccinated students be tested any weekday during school hours. Please make sure your student is signed up to be tested. Students who are vaccinated do not get tested automatically; if you want them tested you'll need to request it.
2. The SCUSD deadline to submit required documents (whether in-person at your school site as hard copies or using the online reporting forms) has been extended to February 28, and the district really needs your information as soon as possible to allow processing time. (Here is a link to the District message about the extension: Vaccination or Testing Requirement Update, Site last updated January 26, 2022.) The online forms and requirements can be found at: http://www.scusd.edu/reportvaccine.
Report COVID-19 Vaccine Status Report COVID-19 Vaccination Exemptions Vaccination Requirement FAQs Kaiser Permanente Thriving Schools COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Resources for 5-11-Year-Olds Register your child for COVID-19 testing today to help us stop the spread.
3. Exposure notices are being sent via email. Available options for students identified as close contact exposure at school: - Fully Vaccinated Student - Masked or Not Masked: If your student is fully vaccinated AND remains symptom free, they are exempt from quarantine. They may continue to attend school. If you have not reported your student’s vaccination status, please provide that here: https://www.scusd.edu/reportvaccine. Otherwise, your child will continue to be tested as your student’s documentation is not yet recorded in our system. - Non-Vaccinated Student - Consented for Testing: If your student was masked at school, you have consented to testing (or you provide other testing results), AND they remain symptom free, they may continue to attend school with the following modified quarantine conditions. - They participate in Covid testing at school. - Remain symptom-free - Do not participate in extracurricular activities (including sports) until Day 6 (2/2/22). - Students may attend after school programs located on our sites Register for school site COVID-19 testing here: https://my.primary.health/l/scusd-edu - Vaccinated Student - No Consent for COVID-19 Testing OR Unmasked exposure: If your student is not vaccinated and does not have consent for COVID-19 testing, or was not masked when exposed (i.e. at mealtime), they must quarantine at home. If they test negative on or after Day 5 (2/1/22), they can return on Day 6 (2/2/22). If they do not test, they may return to school on Day 11: (2/7/22) Other considerations: -Students who have reported status of full vaccination may still have access to testing and regular testing is encouraged. -Others in your household do not need to quarantine. -Monitor your student for any COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days. If they develop any symptoms and/or test positive, keep them home, get them tested and notify school staff immediately. You may access free testing: - through your medical provider - at the Serna Center Monday -Thursday 10-4 pm, Friday 10-3 pm - at Albert Einstein Middle School 4-7 pm - at a Sacramento County Public Health community test site. We are doing our very best to keep everyone updated with the changing requirements and protocols as the Omicron variants have proved to act a bit differently than past variants and new variants continue to emerge. Please be patient with staff as we navigate this difficult time together and continue to put our best effort forth in keeping our students and staff as safe as possible.
4. There is a new Covid-19 help line for SCUSD students, staff, and family members who have tested positive, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, and have questions about isolation or quarantine. A contact tracing nurse is available to answer questions from 10am-5pm, Monday through Friday, excluding school holidays, at 916-559-0951.
5. Free Covid-19 tests can be ordered here and shipped free to your home: https://www.covidtests.gov
6. And if you buy any tests from a store, as of 1/31/2022, keep your receipt. Eventually your health insurance should be able to reimburse you for 8 per month.